Learn, Be coached, Be a coach, Certify coaches
Dedicated to providing convenient affordable options for women and men seeking quality education about grief, healing, coaching, or small business, expert opinions have been summarized into concisely written individual modules that are downloadable. Resources and worksheets editable in Microsoft Word are included.
Master Grief Coach certification by phone or video chat is an option to enrich your comprehension for personal growth, enhancing how you already work with grievers, boosting resume interest, or building a meaningful career working from anywhere.
“Loss and grief are part of the human experience. Unfortunately, they are rarely a part of graduate training in the helping professions.” – Robert A. Neimeyer, PhD, Psychology
Program content was reviewed by an advisory board experienced with grief. Their backgrounds include psychology, business, teaching, healthcare, funeral services, energy healing, authoring grief books, and speaking.
Gain knowledge for yourself and to support family, children, friends, your community, and others. Learn at your own pace and/or work with a coach, especially if you are overwhelmed with emotion. View Certified Master Grief Coaches
For all or any of this information to be explained by phone
Call Cathy Cheshire at 1-216-903-9723 or voice Skype cathycheshire_1 worldwide
- Understanding Grief and Healing Module
- Master Grief Coaching Module
- Master Grief Coach Certification
- Business Action Planning Module
- Master Grief Coach Authorized Certifier
For correlating prerequisites, target audience, objectives, what you will learn, and forms/resources included click on each highlighted title below.
Worksheet instructions and resource explanations are included in modules.
Understanding Grief and Healing Module
Individual purchase or required if being certified. This module is comprehensive yet succinct, compiled from extensive diverse top grief experts who have been advocates for the most grievers. Backgrounds include being world-renowned and PhDs in psychology, philosophy, and neuroscience, which is the scientific study of the brain, mind, and nervous system. All experts agree grief is unique to each individual and healing is possible. Learn in one place how the most qualified grief experts agree and disagree, saving time, minimizing confusion, and avoiding feeling overwhelmed. You decide what information is best for you. 98 pages
Master Grief Coaching Module
Individual purchase or required if being certified. Teaches life coaching with an emphasis on grief which can affect every area of a person’s existence. General life coaching programs rarely include anything on grief. Coaching is a proven process that gets results with complete focus on individual needs rather than trying to put everyone through the same rigid steps. Combining what you already know about grief and what you learn from the “Understanding Grief and Healing” module with coaching is a powerful way for anyone to manage their life and inspire others. You can also make suggestions about other beneficial concepts you are familiar with, always allowing those you are coaching to decide without pressure what is best for them. 44 pages
Master Grief Coach Certification
Certification as a Master Grief Coach involves confirmation of competent skills. The program is low-cost for availability to more people. There is no travel expense, information is self-study, online written questions are automated, and one-on-one discussion sessions efficiently focus on individual needs. New skills can be turned into habits by practicing with those in your life rather than paying for role-playing, although it is available on request at $60/hour. There are no ongoing fees.
Comprehension after studying the “Understanding Grief and Healing” and “Master Grief Coaching” modules required for certification is verified by a basic online test with 58 questions, mostly true or false. The “Business Action Planning” module is excluded because some may not have their own business and is free after certification.
Oral assessment includes 7 hourly one-on-one sessions scheduled with Cathy as convenient for you as possible 8 am – 8 pm daily including weekends. She will ask you open-ended questions. You can choose appointments by phone or video chat. No sitting for hours or days in a class that may not be the best use of your valuable time. Certification is available all year in any country and Master Grief Coaching can be provided in-person and worldwide by phone, video chat, or even messaging. Some complete the sessions, which may be recorded, in a couple weeks and others take months.
- Complete Application to get to know you and your motivation for success.
- Complete Agreement to ensure understanding of professionalism requirement because a reputation for providing consistently exceptional service is desired and affects all Master Grief Coaches. Ongoing module updates are free.
- You will be notified by email as soon as possible if you are approved to go through the certification process or why there are concerns about proceeding.
- Purchase “Understanding Grief and Healing” and “Master Grief Coaching” modules. Study the information including forms and resources.
- Complete the Online Test. You can reference the modules when taking the untimed test, but if you close out of the test without completing it, your answers will not be saved. You will immediately receive your results by email.
- DO NOT take as a pretest.
- Purchase certification training.
- 7 individual hourly sessions are scheduled at your convenience.
Master Grief Coach Certification Agenda
Review application & agreement
Review test questions incorrectly answered
Understanding Grief & Healing module: Institution Grief Definitions to Forgiveness
Understanding Grief & Healing module: Mindfulness to
Thought & Emotion Worksheet
Understanding Grief & Healing module: Life Action Planning Worksheet
Financial Planning & Loving Relationships Worksheets
Understanding Grief & Healing module: Grief Expert Disagreement to
Mind & Body Techniques
Master Grief Coaching module: Coaching Related Words Defined to
Compassion Fatigue & Self Care
Master Grief Coaching module: Client Service Case Study & Client Sessions Guide
Master Grief Coaching Module: Example Phrasing
Support available & Certification finalization
- After you are certified, you will be emailed a Certified Master Grief Coach certificate and a Certified Master Grief Coach logo with your name, although you can use your own logo.
- You have the option to use a free webpage on our website and PayPal only charges you a small fee as you receive each client payment.
- As long as you maintain your certification by following the agreement, you will have the password for the Coach Login webpage which contains the most current module revisions, editable forms, marketing examples, and coach resources. The Business Action Planning module is included. Basic coaching and business support are free. Extensive support is $60/hour.
Business Action Planning Module
Individual purchase, not included in certification, FREE if certified. Business action planning is important for any size business. Principles used by successful multi-million-dollar companies have been simplified in this module so they can be easily applied to establishing and operating a coaching business with nominal start-up expense.
After purchasing the business module, basic support is free and extensive support including promotion design, WordPress website development, Google Ads campaigns, and creating training programs is $60/hour. 35 pages
Master Grief Coach Authorized Certifier
Certified Master Grief Coaches with significant mastery of the “Understanding Grief and Healing Module”, and “Master Grief Coaching module,” may become a Master Grief Coach Authorized Certifier. The training program is being developed and tested.
Limited scholarships are available for those experiencing the most financial hardship. Complete this application if you are in need. Only applications including all requested applicable documentation will be considered.
Please email Info@CathyCheshire.com or call 1-216-903-9723 if you have questions.