Cathy Cheshire teaches adults and children how to control thoughts, emotions, and behaviors to manage disruptive impulses with the Emotional Freedom Technique Tapping and Self-Havening. Well-being can be improved without devices by balancing how the mind and body are wired.
Emotional Freedom Technique Tapping
Emotional Freedom Technique Tapping is a form of psychological acupressure, based on the same energy meridians used in traditional acupuncture to treat physical and emotional ailments for over five thousand years, but without the invasiveness of needles. Tapping assists with emotional issues and can reset your nervous system. Regular tapping can get your body used to being resilient. Studies have shown EFT to be twice as effective as talk therapy or resting.
- Rate the intensity of emotional or physical pain on a scale from 0 to 10, with 10 being the worst.
- Use pointer finger and middle finger to tap points described below with medium pressure and speed.
- Tap points while stating positive affirmations to increase mood and be energized.
- Use the phrase “Even though I have (specific troubling feeling, memory, nightmares, or pain), I fully and completely love and accept myself.”
- Rub points slowly when wanting to relax or sleep.
- Again, rate the intensity of emotional or physical pain on a scale from 0 to 10, with 10 being the worst to evaluate improvement.
Points to Tap and Coordinating Organs Supported
Top of the head – Entire body
Between eyebrows on hair – Bladder
Outside of eyes – Gallbladder
Under eyes on bone – Stomach
Under the nose – Brain
Under Lower lip – Brain
Collar bone – Kidneys
Sides of ribs – Spleen
Under breasts – Liver
Chest bone – Kidney
Each wrist top – Stress
Each wrist bottom – Stress
Thumbs together on outsides – Lungs
Thumbs to side of pointer fingers – Large intestine
Thumbs to side of Middle fingers – Pericardium membrane enclosing heart
Thumbs to side of pinky fingers – Heart
Between ring and pinky knuckles – Triple energizer
Karate chop outside hands – Small intestine
Inside knees – Liver
The Havening Techniques are a safe healing modality that is designed from brain science to help individuals overcome problems by using sensory input to alter thought, mood, and behavior. The Havening Techniques are a system comprised of protocols and methods that uses touch as a therapeutic tool called Havening Touch®. Applications include:
- Emotional disturbances
- Wellness, stress management, and peak performance
- Self-help tool
Example Havening Mantra
I open my heart to friendship
I open my mind to learning
I feel safe peaceful and calm